The Top Reasons To Live In Wheaton, Illinois

Located about 30 miles outside of Chicago, Wheaton, IL has a lot to offer. This midsized city is an excellent place to call home, which is why so many people choose to move to the area. The section below outlines some of the top reasons why you may want to consider living in Wheaton.

One of the best things about Wheaton is its close proximity to Chicago. The commute into the city is relatively easy, making it a popular choice for working professionals. At the same time, it is located far enough outside of the city that the crime rate is much lower. In essence, it provides the best of both worlds. You have access to everything a big city has to offer without all of the drawbacks.

Approximately 55,000 people live in the city, making it the ideal size. It is large enough that it still has a lot of amenities like grocery stores, shopping, restaurants, and parks. At the same time, however, it is small enough that it is easy to get around, quiet, and safe.

About 75% of the people living in Wheaton own their own homes. The other 25% are renters. Housing prices are relatively affordable compared to areas that are located closer to the city. Although the cost of living is higher than some other parts of Illinois, it is less than you would pay living right downtown, making it a good midrange option in terms of price.

If you like spending time outdoors, you are in luck. There are a lot of excellent parks located throughout the city. These parks not only have playgrounds but they also offer a lot of opportunities for playing sports. Along with wide-open spaces for games like soccer or baseball, they also have tennis courts, basketball courts, and other amenities. There are plenty of ways for kids and adults alike to stay busy as they enjoy these outdoor spaces.

These are some of the top reasons why you should consider living in Wheaton, IL. If you like the idea of living close to Chicago but don’t want to deal with all of the noise, congestion, and crime of a major city, it is a great alternative. You are close enough to easily commute into the city but far enough away that you can enjoy the peace and safety of small-town life. There are plenty of fun things to do in Wheaton, as well, meaning that you never have to worry about being bored.